Monday, May 2, 2011

fremont market sunday

Sunday was such a beautiful day! There was as much sun and warmth as this little pale face could wish for. I decided to go to the Fremont open market with a couple of pals, Jess and Jenine (we're the J.Crew - get it?) to do some Mother's Day/vintage shopping.

Of course we sampled many fine foods, including these awesome pork nachos:
We also tried some brick oven pizza, thai iced tea, lemon bars and this great Danish dessert called ebelskiver. They taste like crepes, but in ball form with the filling inside.

All three of us got some great vintage buys. I found myself an awesome 1970s macrame owl to hang on our wall. I had just mentioned to Kevin about how I'd like to find one and, lo and behold, there it was at the market for $10. Woohoo!
Isn't it cute? It actually makes the apartment seem more homey for some reason.

4 comments:

Loud n Brown said...

it creeps me the f*ck out

jo_annie said...

Lol to Derrick's comment above! And I think it's super cute-- can't wait to visit and find myself some awesome buys...

Tommy said...

Yea, I feel like the owl is always watching me.....

Crindy said...

I love it! and those nachos were delicious.....I could go for some right now.