Wednesday, May 4, 2011

i heart ricky gervais!

I've been slowly downloading all of the Ricky Gervais audiobooks from iTunes and it's all I've been listening to on my way to and from work.

It all started when Kevin and I started watching the Ricky Gervais Show a while back. A great animated show based off of a free podcast featuring Ricky Gervais, Steve Merchant and the endlessly hilarious, dim-witted, round headed, Karl Pilkington. All of their recordings are basically Ricky, Steve and Karl having real discussions on different topics. The feature of the show, though, are Karl's thoughts. His way of thinking is so child-like and strange. I love listening to Ricky's raucous laughter as they make fun of Karl.
Here's a little clip where they discuss what super power Karl would choose:


And here they are, in the flesh, having a little pointless conversation for HBO:


So funny. Good stuff.

3 comments:

Tommy said...

I feel kinda bad for karl, it seems ricky likes to make fun of him. :(

Loni said...

I have been hearing so so so many great things about Ricky lately (he was also on the Daily Show!) with his new show, and I absolutely loved him at the Golden Globes, so when I saw this post I decided that I might as well see what everyone seems so excited about and NOW YOU GOT ME ADDICTED. I watched like 6 episodes yesterday-- hilarious!! :)

I do feel bad for Karl sometimes, but I can't tell how much of it is him deliberately being funny...

anyways, thanks/no thanks for finally making me watch him! :P

Creepy Jen said...

@Loni: You're welcome and I'm sorry!! Haha. Who knew that pointless ramblings could be so entertaining!