Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday Weekly Geek

I'm sure a lot of people have already seen the new Nintendo console coming out in 2012, the Wii U, but it's news to me!
It's an interesting one. This is the successor to the Wii and comes with a handheld device with a touchscreen. The handheld controller can be used with the console and television screen, or can be used to play the game on it's own, if the television is being used for something else. Pretty cool.

Of course, I'm most excited for the new Zelda HD game being released for the Wii U. It looks AMAZING. Here's a clip of someone playing the demo:

I'm not sure if I'll be buying one or not. I use my Nintendo DS a lot more than any stationary platform, so if anything I'll probably just upgrade my DS version (I still use my old Nintendo DS, it's been good to me!). But nonetheless, it is always awesome to see Nintendo's new stuff!

And that's this week's Weekly Geek.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

the new Wii looks amazing, and it is more than just a game console. I feel like Sony and Microsoft have been trying to make their game stations "entertainment stations," but I think Wii has successfully done it. Can't wait to demo it at best buy.