Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Feature: Wednesday Weekly Geek

I wanted to present a new weekly feature on Way Out today. On Wednesdays I will post my Weekly Geek post. Every week I'll feature something geeky that I like. Pretty simple.

To start this new feature off, I thought I would do a post on...

What makes this band awesome and geeky is their music concept. The concept behind their music is completely based on the video game Megaman. And I can only describe their style as 1980's-Coheed & Cambria-rock opera. Meatloaf produced their second album and you can really hear his influence. It's fantastic.

If you haven't heard them yet, it can be a little hard to wrap your brain around the concept, but I assure you, it's pretty epic. They've managed to use the story behind Megaman and create a beautiful saga.

Here are my two favorite songs from the second album, Act II - The Father of Death:

I love their versatility in music styles. So good.

And that's this week's Weekly Geek.

3 comments:

Tommy said...

I really love Act II but I am still going to say that "the will of one" is my favorite song

Loud n Brown said...

". . . engine's running baby, I don't have time for goodbyes . . . . "

Creepy Jen said...

"...i know you can't come with me, i see that look in your eyes..."