Monday, April 18, 2011

goodness, where have i been?

Hi all! I've been away for a while, but now I'm back. The biggest reason I've been absent is that...I've found a job! How awesome is that? I was job searching for almost 9 months and right before I almost wanted to give up, out of nowhere, this small software company in downtown Seattle, PayneGroup, Inc., called me for an interview. They were looking for an administrative assistant and I had applied for the position months ago on Craig's List.

So far, it's been great. It was SUPER overwhelming at first, namely because I don't know squat about computers, but they said they liked my personality and I'll learn all the computer stuff as I go along.

And I have! It's coming slowly, but surely. Everyone is so nice there and very supportive, which is the most important thing.

Here's a picture of me behind my desk that the CEO, Donna Payne, took of me for their Twitter page:
Hmmm, I look a bit pale, but I swear most of it is the lighting (i hope).

This job definitely came out of no where and I wasn't even expecting to get it, but it turned out to be the best thing. I really think it was meant to be.

4 comments:

Crindy said...

you DO look pale!!! paler than usual. but cute as a button, as usual. it's nice to have a visual for the stories! (of your work, that is.... not your pale complexion)

Tommy said...

Do you need to stand on a stool in order to reach the scanner behind you?

jo_annie said...

Yay! I'm happy your posting again. It's a way of seeing what you're up to. Well, other than skype-ing for 3 hours until we're like, umm...yup...what else can I talk about. haha.

Loud n Brown said...

do you get a fancy pass for that place? like a key card? resident evil style