Saturday, January 14, 2012

West Side Story - Seattle

Hi all! It's a new year with new posts. Happy 2012 everyone! I'm back and hopefully it will stay that way for a while.

I'd like to start off the new year with a post about my favorite musical/movie of all time: West Side Story (winner of the 1961 Oscar for Best Picture). It's been my favorite since I was in intermediate school and my love for it has just grown over the years. So imagine my excitement when Paramount Theater here in Seattle announced that they would be showing the original Broadway play this month. I jumped on it and bought the best tickets I could get on the day tickets went on sale.

It was a completely different experience seeing it performed live. The dancing was incredible and the songs were sung beautifully. I was on the edge of my seat the entire performance.

Here's me in front of the marquee all ready to get my musical on:
westidestory