Friday, January 20, 2012

Crafts: I've been knitting...a lot.

The chilly fall and winter weather we've been in lately has inspired me to knit a ton of circle scarves. I just love knitting and it's a much more functional hobby now that I'm in Seattle. Thinking of patterns and matching different colors has been fun. As you can see I've been trying to perfect my striped skills.
scarfpic
All of these were knitted in stockinette stitch on circular needles, which I've just learned to use recently. Seriously, circular needles are one of the best things to ever happen to me! They allow you to knit in a round, forming a tube shaped piece.
circularneedle

knitty.com


I'm planning to get a lot of practice in and hopefully master some really awesome (and more complicated) knitting techniques.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

the scarves look really good, what great designs. How many does kevin have now?

Loud n Brown said...

i can has?!?!