Wednesday, August 25, 2010

super duper spider killer

kevin recently went back home to hawaii, so i'm going to be living here in the apartment by myself for a while. this means that i have to take care of all the spider killing myself.

spiders aren't really a problem in hawaii. once in a while you run across the occasional daddy-long-legs, but that's usually when you're rummaging through a corner of the garage that seldom sees any action. so imagine my horror when kevin informed me that spiders usually come out when it gets a bit warmer. come out and apparently flock to our apartment to surprise me in the shower or descend from a silky thread only to dangle in front of the television while i'm watching.

i swear, in the past 5 days since kevin's been gone i've killed 6 spiders. and they're spiders i've never seen before, which makes it worse.

here's my weapon of choice:

spider killing weapon of choice

a broom with duct tape at the top. it's the perfect weapon. not only is it great for long distance, but you don't even have to be accurate. as long as the tape touches anywhere on the spider, it's a goner.

now i am extremely cautious when walking around the house. with every step i take i examine my surroundings.

it's difficult living in fear.

No comments: